Monday, 26 June 2017

26.06.17 // Paris

I'd already been to Paris about 5 years ago on a school trip, and I didn't really love it at the time, so it seems surprising that I decided to head back there for a few days! When I went last time the weather was horrendous, and as it was a school trip it seemed to be a whistlestop tour of all the major tourist attractions and I didn't really get a feel for the city. So when it came to deciding which city me and my friend Megan would visit when we went away this Summer for a little break, I was desperate to give Paris another shot.

Megan hadn't been before, so we did do a lot of the major attractions anyway but I loved the flexibility that we had of just being able to wander round and explore. There are so many little Parisienne streets, full of gorgeous cafés and shops and it was so lovely to get to take our time just seeing what the city had to offer. We went for about 5 days, so slightly longer than the typical "city break" length, but we found that was the perfect amount of time to properly allow for adventures as we weren't ever in a rush or felt pressured for time. 


We hadn't made any plans at all for the whole trip, which would normally freak me out, but it was nice to just go with the flow and do what we wanted, and we obviously had a few bits and bobs we knew we wanted to do anyway. We got an Airbnb in the 1st arrondissement, which meant that we weren't that far at all from the Notre Dame. We were pretty far away from most of the attractions though like the Eiffel Tower and Champs-Élysées, but the area where we were (near the Hôtel de Ville metro stop) was full of various restaurants, little streets and was quite a good location in that it wasn't super busy. 


I definitely fell in love with Paris this time around, and it seems bonkers that with it being so close (only 2hrs 15mins by Eurostar) it's not somewhere I haven't visited in such a long time! 




No comments:

Post a Comment